Student Assistants will support the Language Resource Center by assisting patrons in the use of the facilities, maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the Center, and participating in directed projects and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities Specific to the Position:
• Greet patrons and direct them to appropriate room/solution
• Multimedia management, to include scanning, digitizing, printing, classifying, archiving and filing
• Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate personnel
• Cover desks or work stations during personnel breaks and meetings
• Assist with special projects as assigned
• Delivery to WLC main office and faculty offices and classrooms
10-20 hours per week for the entire academic year (August through May, with the option of working the summer sessions) during open office hours (8 am-5 pm Monday-Friday)
Applicants for this position should fill out the LRC Position Application form located at https://lrc.utk.edu/about/jobs.html, selecting the "LRC Assistant (FWS Position)" option as they fill out the form. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.