Purpose or Role of the Position Within the Organization:
Under the direction of Intramural Sports Coordinator and Graduate Assistants, the Intramural Referee/Scorekeeper is responsible for officiating/scorekeeping a variety of activities including flag football, basketball, soccer, softball, and much more.
Responsibilities Associated with the Position:
- Officiate games using fair and appropriate judgment
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of sport rules and regulations
- Provide a friendly, inclusive, and service-oriented atmosphere for participants.
- Communicate and enforce all intramural policies and procedures
- Assist with pre and post-game logistics and administrative functions
- Attend all training clinics and staff meetings
10-20 hours per week; shifts are typically between the hours of 5pm and 11pm Sunday through Thursday.