- Shoot video of people, places, and events such as labs, classroom project demonstrations, student organization activities, Engage LLC activities, Engineers Day (October), Senior Design Showcase, etc. Shooting will primarily take place in and around campus engineering buildings, but may also involve off-campus location shoots for senior design or other projects.
- Add metadata to footage, log and digitize all assets on server.
- Edit footage together using Adobe Premier with provided text/other graphics into compelling videos for use on social media, e-newsletters, websites, display screens, etc. Create closed caption text files for videos.
- Address notes provided by supervisor and/or other members of the Engineering Communications team.
- Upload videos to college’s YouTube account with all appropriate tagging, metadata, descriptions, and closed captioning files.
- Adhere to established shoot schedules and potentially shoot in the early morning or evening hours as event schedules or projects dictate (majority shoots will be scheduled within regular hours of 8 a.m.–5 p.m., M–F)
- Add metadata to existing photography and upload photos to office’s Google Photos for Brands account.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and abilities:
- Proficiency with operation of DSLR cameras, GoPro, Osmo gimbal, and other AV equipment as required (AV equipment will be provided)
- Proficiency with setting up audio equipment for on-camera interviews
- Past experience using Adobe Premiere to edit videos and mix audio
- An understanding of how to tell compelling stories through videography
- Familiarity with ideal length and format of videos for Instagram, YouTube, and other social media platforms.
- Ability to carry AV equipment to and from Engineering Communications office (Perkins 114) to shoot locations (typically on/around the Hill)
- Ability to stay organized and focused on a task
- Ability to show up to work on time
- Positive attitude and interest to learn from constructive feedback
- Ability to contribute creative ideas to projects
- Ability to use basic text editing software
- Ability to compose professional emails and conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with team and clients
- Basic proof reading skills (for text graphics)
Skills that are desired but not required:
- Extensive prior experience editing video in Adobe Premiere
- Graphic design experience
- Prior scriptwriting experience