The UT Grow Lab is a space where students, faculty, staff, and Knoxvillians can participate in hands-on learning, engage in meaningful service, conduct research, and cultivate community. The Grow Lab demonstrates ecological food production methods, addresses local food insecurity, contributes to a sense of place, and encourages interdisciplinary partnerships.
We are looking for an engaging, passionate, and knowledgeable student to assist on our Pollinator Slope where we are working on removing invasive species and creating a micro-prarie of native East Tennessean plants. The ideal candidate is an organized, resourceful, enthusiastic self-starter with gardening and/or native plant knowledge.
- Planting, weeding, propagating, and treating plants on the slope
- Assisting the Pollinator Slope Manager with design and planning for the Pollinator Slope
- Collecting qualitative data on successful practices and areas of improvement
- Helping recruit and manage volunteers
- Attend team meetings and Grow Lab events
Schedule: Flexible. Typically, hours will be Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm, but our department will work special events late at night or on weekends.