In addition to the job responsibilities below, the Senior Multimedia Journalist two will
Mentor Junior Multimedia Journalists, including checking content of reports and packages for accuracy and quality.
Will work on personal segment.
Under Supervision of Video Production Specialist:
· Deliver multiple news packages on deadline in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
· Use editorial judgment to help determine content
· Work with producer and team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts
· Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories.
· Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
· Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attach images and streaming video
· Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
· Perform other tasks as required by the Segment Producer or executive producer
· Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
· Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
· Covers news in the field to generate, produce and deliver high-profile special reports
· Edit video for broadcasts and the web
· Participate in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned.
· Camera basics
· Audio use
· Effective interviewing
· Editing software
· Generating stories
· How to write for broadcast/web